Octave took over Terminal.app in Mac OS X

From: Louyclare
Subject: Octave took over Terminal.app in Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:26:59 -0800 (PST)

I have installed Octave 3.0.0 on my Intel Mac OS 10.4.11. It seems to have configured itself to automatically run in the Terminal.app. This behavior is fine with me, however, whenever I launch the Terminal.app to run a shell (e.g. bash or tcsh) it automatically launches in Octave. The first line in the Terminal is: imac-2006:~ louyclare$ exec '/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave' When I quit Octave, the Terminal.app window closes. Bringing up a new Terminal window simply re-launches Octave. This behavior is unaffected by the Terminal Preferences settings. The setting for "When creating a new Terminal window:" has two radio button options: 1) Execute the default login shell using /usr/bin/login and 2) Execute this comand (specify complete path): I have /bin/bash in the area provided. Does anybody know how I can run Octave in the Terminal.app and still launch Terminal.app in a shell?