RE: Reading NI TDMS files

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: RE: Reading NI TDMS files
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:50:52 -0800 (PST)

--- address@hidden wrote:

> -----Original Message-----

[snip]

> Any flaws in this chain?

No flaws.

Long time ago I wrote an extension to then non-GPL ghostript and another
extension to GPL gimp-print - both modified pieces were meant to work
together.

I heard the same concerns about possible GPL violation and bundling.

I even distributed the whole thing in a single tarball, but in different
subdirectories - because of the single tarball there were concerns about
bundling.

However, my changes to GPL code were such that it could still be built and
still could function without the non-GPL code, and it was enough to convince
the community there was no bundling.

So, just put your stuff even on the same server with 'octave' code - as long
as one can build 'octave' code without your code you're OK. Since you're
going to develop a plugin, building 'octave' without your code would still
be possible exactly the same way it is possible today.

Don't let intrusive freedom overwhelm you :-).

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs