Re: line function

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: line function
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:12:06 +0100

milan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Octave as a replacement of Matlab. I draw the frequency
> characteristics of filters and therefore I need the line function, but
> experience issues using it. Here's the error I get when execute line():
>
> "octave:1> line(x8,y8);
> error: `line' undefined near line 1 column 1"
>
> I have both the stable and unstable versions, and the result is the
> same. As long as it is a built-in function, I cannot find the code for
> it and declare it myself. Please, help me finish my homework :)
>
> Best regards,
> Milan

What unstable version are you talking about? The line function has been
part of Octave since 2.9.10 and Octave currently has no version
considered unstable as 2.9.17 is being groomed for a release as 3.0..
Please install a newer version of Octave. Windows and Mac binaries are
available from the octave-forge website.

D.