Re: problem with emacs interaction in windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: problem with emacs interaction in windows
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:12:02 +0900 (JST)

Perhaps this is very difficult to solve it.
MSVC-Octave uses the windows path.
For example, try pwd

octave:1> pwd
ans = C:\Documents and Settings\Tatsu

In my ambiguous memory, in the past when there was no windows native octave but
existed only the
cygwin based octave, the meadow user uses the cygpath command to solve the
problem.
Your case is the reverse. the Editor is based on cygwin and the octave is not
on cygwin.

I do not know that the cygpath command is usable for your case.

By the way, I think other solutions: those might not to be favourable for you.

1. Use the windows native Emacs family like the meadow, the emacs for windws: I
do not know in detail
about them but they are windows native so that the trouble may be less.

2.Use the my testing octave 2.9.xx cygwin binary.
This is the complete cygwin version but has built by the specially configured
gcc
so that this distribution is not be official for the moment.
Performance is not so good as MSVC version but much faster than
the prevous 2.1.73 octave on cygwin.

See the page

http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/

********