Fwd: Octave Compilation Error

From: Himanshu B. Dave
Subject: Fwd: Octave Compilation Error
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:27:13 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Himanshu B. Dave <address@hidden>
Date: Oct 25, 2007 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: Octave Compilation Error
To: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>

I do not think it is question of "configure" finding the new ATLAS
and CBLAS libraries. They are included via ldconfig. Actually,
running the command pipes:

nm libatlas.so | grep "dormrz"
nm libcblas.so | grep "dormrz"
nm libf77blas.so | grep "dormrz"
nm liblapack.so | grep "dormrz"

do not detect presence of an identifier with name "dormrz_" or "dormrz"
in any of these latest ATLAS libraries. On the other hand:
$nm libcruft.so | grep "dormrz"
         U dormrz_
shows that it is libcruft (and not liboctave) which is requesting "dormrz_".

Putting all these togather, it seems that "dormrz_" is somewhereelse and not in
ATLAS libraries.

On 10/25/07, John W. Eaton < address@hidden> wrote:
On 25-Oct-2007, Himanshu B. Dave wrote:

| Thanks a lot for a quick response.
| I down-loaded and installed complete ATLAS package, with
| cblas and f77blas libraries, etc. Re-congiured and make'd
| octave. Unfortunately still that error about missing "dormrz_"

Then I suspect configure did not find your newly installed ATLAS and
BLAS libraries.  You'll need to examine the output of configure to
find out why.

jwe