Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave: 0.3.0
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:25:28 +0800

Alexander Barth wrote:
LUK ShunTim wrote:
Alexander Barth wrote:
Sergei Steshenko wrote:
--- Alexander Barth <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I released version 0.3.0 of yapso. It is available at
http://yapso.sourceforge.net/

and some demos are at:
http://yapso.sourceforge.net/demo/demo.html

Hello Alex,

Thanks, they look impressive!

What functionality do I lose if I don't have the OSMesa library?

Thanks for trying yapso!
OSMesa is used for saving the figure as png files. Without OSMesa, you can still create png files, but no window should overlap the current yapso figure since the pixels are read directly from the screen. Also, you cannot change the figure size for the png export (set(gcf,'PaperSize',...)).

I'll be careful if I have to do that. Perhaps you can add this to the documentation.

Is OSMesa not available on your platform? Which platform/distribution are you using? On Ubuntu 6.06, OSMesa seems to conflict with the

They say ubuntu 6.06 or better, so I installed debian/sid. :-)

hardware accelerated OpenGL libraries. Is that the reason why you don't want to use OSMesa?

Yes, and the fear was justified. :-( Yapso just crashed when compiled and used with the debian libosmesa6 package. It worked fine without it. Octave 2.9.14, i686 kernel 2.6.22, mesa 7.0.1-2, and the free radeon driver with dri on a thinkpad t43, if this information may be useful.

Cheers,
Alex

Regards,
ST