Re: MacOSX: Octave.app 2.9.14

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: MacOSX: Octave.app 2.9.14
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:30:29 -0400

I am confused too. Aren't highly optimized BLAS accessible on most machines? For example, on my Mac, in "/Developer/SDKs/.../Headers/ cblas.h", I see
   double cblas_dnrm2(const int N, const double *X, const int incX);
   double cblas_dasum(const int N, const double *X, const int incX);
These are the norm(x, 2) and norm(x, 1) functions, respectively. They should be about as fast as you can get.

Of course this is all theory. I have no idea how to access these prototypes. I can't even figure out how to compile octave.

Regards,

Vic