Re: MacOSX: Octave.app 2.9.14

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: MacOSX: Octave.app 2.9.14
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:27:21 +0200

Results look better now, thanks for feedback. However, I don't know why your
spdrPortf2.m function is still slower then the HPC version?! Without promise that I have the time for a detailed analysis of that problem you can send me your *.zip file with a short description about how to run it resp. what to do...

  Thomas

Vic Norton schrieb:
Hi Thomas,

I just did some tests of the Octave.app 2.9.14 against my HPC version of octave 2.9.9. The two versions are quite comparable now, though the HPC version does seem marginally faster.

Here are my results (Mac OS X 10.4.10, 2.1 GHz PPC G5). The
   #!/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave
shebang line is version 2.9.14 and
   #!/usr/local/bin/octave
version 2.9.9.

Regards,

Vic

Octave2.m

#!/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.37
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.34
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.25
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.39

#!/usr/local/bin/octave
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.44
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.17
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.39
Total time for all 15 tests_________________________ (sec): 10.25

spdrPortf2.m

#!/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave
ellapsed_time =  41.686
ellapsed_time =  41.400
ellapsed_time =  41.850

#!/usr/local/bin/octave