Re: patch: Invalid call to __patch__

From: kahacjde
Subject: Re: patch: Invalid call to __patch__
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:47:14 -0700 (PDT)

Matthias Brennwald wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I just built and installed Octave 2.9.14 on my Ubuntu box and tried the
> patch function that comes with it. However, this did not work (see
> below). What am I doing wrong?
>
> Matthias
>

> --------------------
> octave:6> version
> ans = 2.9.14
> octave:7> patch(rand(1,4),rand(1,4),"r")
>
> Invalid call to __patch__.  Correct usage is:

The __patch__.m doesn't yet support colors passed as strings like that.
Try instead

patch(rand(1,4),rand(1,4),[1,0,0])

and it will work.. The patch attached will add the missing support..

D.

I am not in front of my PC, so I cannot check this now. But AFAIK the
assignment of string values to a color-property (like here) should work
again. Therefore, the color_values class should be used to convert a string
to a rgb value.

if (isstr (color_var))
    ## Have color string.
    set (h, "FaceColor", color_var);