Re: Matlab function "mprint"

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Matlab function "mprint"
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:07:02 -0500

On 21/09/2007, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask you if Octave allows the use of the matlab function
> > "mprint".
>
> Seems to work fine..

I wonder if we could convince James Lesage to release mprint under a
free license? All the wasted geekpower of people like Lesage working
for Matlab instead of working for a free project for Octave is one of
the things that I find most saddening about the Matlab/Octave
relationship. If only we could harness that power for Octave...

Speaking of which, Matlab, like Maple, was built with the labouring
hands and brains of underpaid and overworked grad students like
myself. If any of you ever have the opportunity to make one of your
grad students work for Octave, I implore you, don't give up the
chance. We're gonna stay overworked and underpaid anyways, but at
least everyone else gets free code out of it. ;-)

- Jordi G. H.