Re: Exporting postscript script

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Exporting postscript script
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:18:10 -0700

On Sep 16, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

Marco Squassina wrote:

Hallo everybody,

yesterday I posted a question on how to export the ps file of a figure
from within Octave 2.9.13, but the form I set the question made it
trivial actually, which was not (at least completely). More precisely
I meant extraction with LaTeX labels
in the figure axis, so that one has publication quality figure to use.

I'm also interested in such a script. I've used LaPrint for Matlab for
years, and would like to have the equivalent functionality in Octave.

LaPrint uses LaTeX's psfrag to replace all eps text objects with LaTeX
versions. This could potentially also be done for Octave.

However, at the present time, I perceive a few hassles with doing so from
Octave.

(1) No method to automatically search for a figures text objects, so the text handles will need to be stored as the text objects are created and then
passed to the octave script.
(2) Setting [x/y/z]tickmode to 'manual' deletes the labels, so the
[x/y/z]ticklabels will need to be regenerated.

The more significant problem I perceive is

(3) I do no see any manner to set the size of the resulting eps file.

I won't be any use in contributing to Octave's c-code base, but would be happy to take a shot at an Octave script that permits LaTeX to include an eps file via psfrag ... although the 3rd problem might be a show stopper.

Can anyone tell me if the size of an eps file may be explicitly set?