Re: Hi

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:24:14 +0800

Michael Goffioul wrote:
On 9/14/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
octave-2.9.13.exe:1> edit
error: system: CreateProcess failed -- can't create child process
error: evaluating if command near line 150, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 149, column 3
error: called from `edit' in file `C:\Programs\Octave-2.9.13\share\octave\packag
es\miscellaneous-1.0.2\edit.m'

What's wrong ?

I do not usually use edit command.  This is the first time for me to try it.

Tatsuro

If you figure it out tell me, I see the same thing, though Michael doesn't..

If any of you could report the command that is executed through
the "system" call in the edit.m script, this would help. I can't reproduce
this problem on my system.

Michael.

Hello,

This is really strange. On my debian/sid, 2.6.22 amd64 kernel, octave 2.9.13,

<quote>
$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.9.13
Copyright (C) 2007 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1> edit
error: `edit' undefined near line 1 column 1
octave:1> help edit

help: `edit' not found

</quote>

Regards,