Re: the location of the output

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: the location of the output
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:31:53 -0400

When you don't assign variable to the output of a function, octave
automatically assigns it to the variable "ans", with your pwd example:
octave:1> pwd
ans = /cygdrive/c/Users/jsherman
octave:2> ans
ans = /cygdrive/c/Users/jsherman

Its not in any particular folder, it is a variable in your environment
(you won't have a file that stores the value).

James