Re: mkoctfile under Windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: mkoctfile under Windows
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:20:07 -0400

On  7-Sep-2007, Christof Zeile wrote:

| Yes, thanks, I have one. I even deinstalled my OpenWatcom Compiler
| before installing MSVC (by the way - is there a chance to get
| OpenWatcom support for mkoctfile?).

Can you build Octave with OpenWatcom?  Since the interface for .oct
files is C++, you need to use the same compiler for building them as
you use for building the rest of Octave.  This is necessary in part
because different compilers use different name mangling schemes.  See
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/compiler-dependencies.html#faq-38.9
for some other reasons that it is not possible to link code compiled
with different C++ compilers.

jwe