Re: On Compilers and Spline Package Installation

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: On Compilers and Spline Package Installation
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 04:15:09 +0900 (JST)

For Unix like system 'mkoctfile' itself maybe the symbolic
link.  Try to find 'mkoctfile-2.9.xx' (xx is version
number.) Use a pager or a text editor check complier
Varibable CC, CXX, F77 are set properly.

pkg intall iinformationtheory-0.1.1

does not require mkoctfile.  So that it is not appropriate
to check the pkg install command.

linear-algebra-1.0.1

is more appropiate to check the pkg install command.

The error messages from pkg install sometimes does not
give adequate information.
At that time, I extract the ....tar.gz file to a folder.
In the folder, I try use ./configure and make.  Sometimes
it is requied to search the reason why the package command
does not works well.

At the ./configure and make, be sure that PATH to octave
and mkoctfile works.

Tatsuro Matsuoka