Re: Octave 2.9.13 Cygwin testing binaries is Updated.

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.13 Cygwin testing binaries is Updated.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:41:37 +0200

On 8/28/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> I have re-build Octave-2.9.13 by gcc-3.4.4-3 configured
> with '--disable-sjlj-exceptions'.
>
> Previous binary always causes sementation fault but this
> binary usually exit ordinally but sometimes sementation
> fault still occurs.  However it easily stopped by CTRL-C
> and the there will not causes harmful remaining ghost.
>
> The oregonator test becomes a little slower but speed for
> pkg command highly imporved.
>
> This time I tried packaging the octave-forge.
>
> The all binaries will be installed in /opt/octave-2.9.13.
> The independence was improved.
>
> The URL
>
> http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/
>
> It would be grateful for me if the cygwin octave user use
> this binary and give your comment to ne.

I just gave it a try to the basic package. At startup, I got this:

Expected X11 driver: /usr/local/gnuplot4.3/libexec/gnuplot/4.3/gnuplot_x11.exe
Exec failed: No such file or directory
See 'help x11' for more details

Plotting does not seem to work. Starting /opt/octave-2.9.13/bin/gnuplot.exe and
typing "plot sin(x)" gives the same error message.

Michael