Mex files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Mex files
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:26:52 -0400

On 22-Aug-2007, gOS wrote:

| I've been trying to figure out what version of octave mex files were first
| implemented. From what I've seen it appears it wasn't available for use
| until 2.9.7. Is this accurate or was it around before 2.9.7?

>From the src/ChangeLog file:

  2006-06-21  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

          [...]

          * matrix.h, mex.h, mex.cc: New files from Octave Forge

and the next snapshot after that date was

  2006-07-28  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

          * version.h (OCTAVE_VERSION): Now 2.9.7.

(also from src/ChangeLog).

As the log entry implies, the initial implementation of support for
mex files was part of Octave Forge for some time before it was added
to Octave.

jwe