Gnuplot frontend

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Gnuplot frontend
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:09:08 +0100

Hello all,

I'm a debian unstable user and was very excited to find octave using
the pretty new gnuplot frontend a couple of weeks ago, then rather
disappointed to find the newest versions of the packages are back to
the old version.

I don't know exactly what debian packages caused the change (I can look
it up if it would help), but I can say for certain that the command
"gnuplot" now runs "4.2 patchlevel 0", which has the pretty graphics.

I was wondering whether anyone knew what caused the differences in
interface with gnuplot and whether I can get the exciting new one (with
working zoom, preferably)!

Current packages installed:
gnuplot 4.2.0-4
octave  1:2.9.13-1+b1