Re: Help installing testing tarball from 25 July 2007 on red hat ent. li

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Help installing testing tarball from 25 July 2007 on red hat ent. linux 5, amd64
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:50:55 -0500

Quentin Spencer wrote:
I don't know what's causing your compilation problems, but I thought I'd point out that the Fedora project has started a project called Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL), which provides packages from Fedora compiled for RHEL (and its derivatives like CentOS). In the last couple of days, a build of octave-2.9.13 has been released into the EPEL 5 repository, complete with all of the sparse bells and whistles. You can find more information on EPEL and how to install packages from it at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

I hope this helps.

Quentin

I should also add there that I don't have an octave-forge packge ready yet. I'm currently deciding how to proceed with packaging given the new package structure in octave-forge. On the other hand, the package system seems to work well enough that should you need any particular parts of octave forge it should be straightforward to install them yourself.

Quentin