Re: Is there any OCtave 2.9xx DEB packages for Ubuntu Dappar

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Is there any OCtave 2.9xx DEB packages for Ubuntu Dappar
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:19:51 -0400

On 30/07/07, Xaero <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello buddies, From apt-get, only 2.1xx available. And I just can not make
> Octave from its source successfully. Who has deb packages please inform me

Two options: either you backport it yourself (I'm not sure how
Ubuntu's backports work, but you should easily be able to find online
help for this), or you update to a newer Ubuntu version.

The backport may be tricky, since you'd basically be doing a build
yourself, but at least you would be building the Debian way, which
simplifies some tasks, such as tracking down the build dependencies.

Good luck,
- Jordi G. H.