Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Owen Densmore
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:23:44 -0600

Hi Henry, thanks for the response.

I tried your tests, while un-commenting out the line in drawnow.m:
    cmd = sprintf ("%s -title \"Figure %d\"", cmd, h);
that had fixed the problem. I.e. I went back to the stage that was failing before.

I then tried
octave-2.9.12:2> title ("myTitle")
.. which then failed as before.  (Good test, btw! sorta the null test.)

I did notice that your system is PPC, while mine is Intel. That could be the difference.

My system is an intel MacBook Pro, using the latest Tiger, with GnuPlot Version 4.2, Terminal set to "aqua", and Octave, version 2.9.9 (i386-apple-darwin8.9.1). The gnuplot is compiled from source, from the gnuplot-4.2.0.tar.gz, I believe from sourceforge.

I also have the same problems with the /usr/local version of octave from hpc.sourceforge.net, but without the workaround .. see: http://www.nabble.com/problem-with-gnuplot-aquaterm-invocation-from-- usr-local-version-of-octave.-tf4063270.html
.. or http://tinyurl.com/2vepnr

I did check for .octaverc and .gnuplot files, and I have neither. Nor do I have any environment variables set for gnuplot or octave.

Thanks for the tests and information .. helps calibrate.

    -- Owen