Re: C++ insert row vector into matrix?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: C++ insert row vector into matrix?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:57:21 -0400

On  2-Jul-2007, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| I think the questions are w.r.t using liboctave, an integral part of
| GNU Octave.
|
| You can write your code as a 'oct' function in C++ and dynamically
| load it for use, within Octave. It is not possible to use these libraries
| as stand-alone, unless you want to compile a significant part of Octave
| into your application.

That's not entirely correct.  The liboctave library that contains the
linear algebra functions and other OS related things is independent of
the library that contains the interpreter code (lexer, parser,
interpreter, etc.).  But in any case, there is no standalone
distribution, and although it might be possible to use liboctave
separately, it was is intended as a library to make writing Octave
easier, not as a general purpose library.

jwe