Octave lint?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave lint?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:38:42 -0400

On 14-Jun-2007, Andreas Romeyke wrote:

| Does anybody knows about an Octave lint to check correctness of
| syntax/code in Octave m-files?
|
| @developer: What load of work will it be to implement an Octave
| lint? What kind of steps are needed?
|
| I think it will be improve code quality of Octave based projects
| significantly if there were such a tool.

If you are interested in a project like this, then I would recommend
improving Octave itself so that it can give better error messages, or
more information when parsing a file rather than writing a separate
tool with its own parser.

| Also in case of code checking, what about a profiling and coverage
| tool? There are any plannings?

This has been discussed before on the maintainers list and I think
some basic profiling code has been posted.  I'm not sure of the
status, but I have not looked at it.

jwe