Re: EPS from histograms

From: etienne
Subject: Re: EPS from histograms
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

  Hi,

perhaps a radical solution, by inserting a system ("killall gnuplot") between
hists?

On Tue, May 22, 2007 11:32, Bart Vandewoestyne wrote:
# Hello list,
#
# I'm trying to plot some histograms to an EPS file using the
# following commands:
#
# gset terminal postscript eps
# gset output "../latex/figures/histogram01.eps"
# hist(x(:,2), 100, 1);

system ("killall gnuplot")
gset terminal postscript eps

# gset output "../latex/figures/histogram05.eps"
# hist(x(:,6), 100, 1);

system ("killall gnuplot")
gset terminal postscript eps

# gset output "../latex/figures/histogram10.eps"
# hist(x(:,11), 100, 1);

# gset output "../latex/figures/histogram15.eps"
# hist(x(:,16), 100, 1);
# gset output "../latex/figures/histogram20.eps"
# hist(x(:,21), 100, 1);
#
# If i do it this way, the generated .eps files look OK if i view
# them with gv under Linux, but when I include the .eps files
# into a LaTeX document and when I view the generated .ps file of my LaTeX
# document, the plot in histogram05.eps also contains the histogram
# of histogram01.eps, and histogram10.eps also contains the histograms from
# histogram05.eps and histogram01.eps.  It seems like all later histograms
# are plotted on top of the previous ones... so i think i need a way to tell
# octave to 'refresh' or 'clear' the current plotting terminal before plotting
# a new histogram.  I have been googling but haven't found a solution...
#
# What command am I missing here, or what am I doing wrong?
#
# The version of Octave I'm using is 2.1.58.  I am not in a position to
# upgrade to a newer version.
#
# Thanks,
# Bart

  Hth,

  Etienne

# --
#       "Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."
# Help-octave mailing list
# address@hidden