Re: Pakcage installation in 2.9.10

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Pakcage installation in 2.9.10
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:06:29 +0200

Ron Crummett skrev:
I installed Octave 2.9.10 on my machine today (running Kubuntu). Most impressive.

In trying to install the Octave-Forge packages I have run into some trouble. When I try to install a package I get the following error message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -loctinterp

I am not sure what this message means, aside from the fact that something is not where it is being searched for. Does anyone else have an idea? Thanks. If it may help, I was running 2.9.6 before upgrading and I don't know if traces of that still linger.
I'm guessing that you need to install the 'octave-headers' package in ubuntu (at least I think that is what the package is called)

Søren