Re: executing a script in Octave

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: executing a script in Octave
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:03:36 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,
I have installed GNU octave 2.1.73 for windows in my PC. I have a ready script
nommed"BreuchGodfreyTest"which is located in the following
path:C://programfiles//GNU octave 2.1.73. I can't execute it in the octave prompt. What
can I do? please help me.
Thank you

Put your m-file into C:\programfiles\GNU octave 2.1.73\octave_files. That should do the trick. Typing path at the Octave prompt shows you the directories known to Octave, i.e. where it searches for files when you type a command at the prompt. Your "home" directory, that is where everything goes what you code and save into m files, is C:\programfiles\GNU octave 2.1.73\octave_files. You can change this behaviour, but maybe it is enough for getting started. One last thing: Give the manual a try! It is worthwile reading and can be found in you Program menu in the Octave folder and on the web: http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

Michael