RE: problem compiling SparseCmplxQR.cc with a RHEL3 box

From: Cohen-Tanugi, Johann
Subject: RE: problem compiling SparseCmplxQR.cc with a RHEL3 box
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:39:36 -0700

hmmm, looks like my initial response was timed out by this stupid windows
exchange web server. My apologies if this comes twice :
1) I use this gcc because I used central batch farms which have RHEL3
installed. True, the admins have installed other compiled versions of gcc
which I can try. gcc 3.2.3 is just the native one. On the other hand, gperf
2.7.2 is the only one I can find on these machines.
2) I have been browsing the website looking for requirements for compiling from
source and I found http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?BuildFromSource
which states gcc 3.2+ .....
Besides octave 2.9.10 needs only the HEAD of SparseCmplxQR.cc to build with gcc
3.2.3, and as far as I can tell it is the latest tagged development version....
Now you are telling me that the current HEAD is not gcc 3.2 compatible? Fine,
but that deserves a mention somewhere, and was that intented, given that the
latest tag
is "almost" compatible.... What is the platform on which the CVS directory is
built? That should also be specified somewhere. I apologized if it is and I am
just blind.
Looking forward to standing corrected,
Johann