Re: syntax highlighting under vim

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: syntax highlighting under vim
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:59:58 -0400

Paul Laub wrote:

> About Octave, vim, and syntax highlighting ...
>
> I remember posting a similar question a few years ago. I should have
> simply tried
> a web search on "vim octave syntax highlighting". Doing so turns up --

Actually I did google search before.

http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//octave-sources.1998/msg00011.html

and found this. But this deals with vim 5.0 and does not mention whether it
works with 7.0 etc., That is why I asked here.

> (In my experience, this script by Soren Hauberg works well.)

I am currently making this script work. Even after I do what the above
website says, the filetype is detected as conf and not as octave. If I open
the file and then do

:set ft=octave

then the syntax highlighting works fine.

Any ideas?

thanks
raju
--