Re: possible octave bug?

From: malik martin
Subject: Re: possible octave bug?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:27:14 -0400

thats what i dont understand. when i get home i'll make a screenshot for you

On 3/12/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11-Mar-2007, malik martin wrote:

| hi i think i might have found a bug in octave?
|
| although i dont know much about matlab code, little to nothing really,
| i've noticed where two different lines give the same output in a matlab file.

| //the line below
| plot(0:7999,u1(1:8000));ylabel('x(n)');
| subplot(3,1,2);
| //produces the same output as this line
| plot(0:999,u1(1:1000));ylabel('x(n)');

I don't understand how they could produce the same result since the X
and Y values that are plotting are different lengths.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then please submit a
complete report to the address@hidden list.  Please also read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html before sending your report.  At the
very least, we need to know which version of Octave you are using and
we need a complete example that we can use to reproduce the problem.

jwe