Re: how to call emacs from octave

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: how to call emacs from octave
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:07:01 -0600

On 08/03/07, sale kircanski <address@hidden> wrote:
BTW when I'm editing .m files within Emacs, my Emacs doesnt
recognize .m format and therefore does not color keywords
differently. How can I fix this?

In Debian and all derivatives I know of,

    aptitude install octave2.9-emacsen

or

    aptitude install octave2.1-emacsen ## or apt-get, if you will.

should do the trick. These precise packages might not have trickled
down to Ubuntu yet, but they should be there for Florid Fish or
whatever it's called now.

And if you're using a non-APT distro or if you don't have root
privileges and can't be bothered to pester your sysadmin, I guess
you'll have to download the Emacs octave-mode elisp files yourself,
bytecompile them, and put them in the right directory for your Emacs
to find them. They should come with instructions for this.

Best,
- Jordi G. H.