Re: how to call emacs from octave

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: how to call emacs from octave
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:09:34 -0600

On 08/03/07, sale kircanski <address@hidden> wrote:

On 3/8/07, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> Doesn't it make more sense to call Octave from Emacs? ;-)

I dont think it makes sense to call Octave from Emacs.

Why not? I'm talking about M-x inferior-octave from within
octave-mode. This opens up Octave in its own Emacs buffer. It's pretty
much the same as having Octave in its own xterm, except that you can
send it individual lines from whatever m-file you're editting in Emacs
to see how they'll behave, plus all of the assorted Emacs goodies that
you get from using Emacs in the first place. :-)

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.