Re: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:36:04 -0600

The Grumps wrote:
Is it possible to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window, as an easier alternative to using a diary file to trace back in the command/output log?

Your question is a bit vague. What do you mean by "GNU command window"? Are you asking about the number of lines that are buffered in the terminal so you can scroll up and see them? Setting this value depends on what terminal program you're using. If you're using the cygwin version of octave, I think the terminal is rxvt, and the number of lines can be set in the .Xdefaults file in your home directory (I don't know where that is for cygwin). Creating a .Xdefaults file with this line would save the last 1000 lines:

rxvt*saveLines:        1000

If you get that working, you can also set other parameters, like the colors and font, for example:

rxvt*font:              "Lucida Console-12"
rxvt*geometry:          80x50+0+0
rxvt*foreground:        white
rxvt*background:        black

-Quentin