Re: LaTeX codes in plot text (titles, labels, etc.)

From: Ronald Crummett
Subject: Re: LaTeX codes in plot text (titles, labels, etc.)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:25:08 -0800

To a degree I wonder if my interests are getting a bit jumbled up.

I use both Matlab and Octave - Matlab at school, Octave at home.
Overall things work well as far as the interoperability, and the open-
source characteristics of Octave let me peek under the hood when
differences arise.

I like to use the "fancy" characters when I produce my plots - not
necessarily for later printing, mostly on-screen viewing - and the fact
that the two have different conventions is a mild dilemma.  If I write
something in Matlab at school, I have to change it when I get home for
it to show up right in Octave, and vice versa.  Again, not too big a
deal, and I know how to work around it.

I am just wondering if anyone has come up with some sort of a lookup
table or something where Octave can parse the code, see '\pi', and
replace it with '{/Symbol p}'.  It doesn't seem to me like it would be
too hard to do, but if someone has already done it I'm not going to
reinvent the wheel.

-Ron