Re: Drawing Polyhedra

From: etienne
Subject: Re: Drawing Polyhedra
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:27:41 -0800 (PST)

  Hi Troy,

the following code (taken from octave-forge's test_vrml_faces.m) displays
a tetrahedron, w/ the help of the VRML/X3D browser FreeWRL.

## Tetrahedron : Vertices
x = [ 1  1 -1  0;
     -1  1  0  0;
     -1 -1 -1  1];

## Tetrahedron : Faces
trg = [1 2 3 1;
       2 3 1 2;
       4 4 4 3];

s1 = vrml_faces (x, trg);

vrml_browse (s1);

To run it, you need Octave (2.9.9 for me), Octave-Forge (CVS, probably)
and FreeWRL.

  To display your tetrahedron w/ lines or points, use vrml_lines() (or
vrml_cyl()) or vrml_points(). Some familiarity w/ VRML is handy when
using these functions.

  Hth,

  Etienne