Re: YAPSO in FC5

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: YAPSO in FC5
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:50:23 -0500

Quentin Spencer wrote:
> Alexander Barth wrote:
>> Hi Andres
>>
>> Unfortunately, OSMesa is not longer in Fedora (it used to be in
>> xorg-x11-devel in Fedora 4). I
>> compiled it myself from source
>> (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3). I use the
>> development release is 6.5.2. For me the easiest approach was to build
>> static libraries with:
>>
>> "make linux-x86-static"
>>
>> You need to set some environment variables to show where the libraries
>> are located before starting
>> octave:
>>
>> export CPPFLAGS=-I/home/abarth/local64/Mesa-6.5.2/include/
>> export LDFLAGS="-L/home/abarth/local64/Mesa-6.5.2/lib  -lpthread"
>>

> Actually, it's easier than this. There have been some package name
> changes in recent versions of Fedora. I think the package you want to
> install is mesa-libOSMesa-devel (This is FC6, I'm assuming it's
> available in FC5 as well.)
>
> Quentin

Thanks for the hint, but it seems that mesa-libOSMesa-devel is only available
in FC6 (and FC devel).
Any way, it is nice to see that OSMesa reappeared in FC6.

Thanks,
Alex

$ yum search mesa-libOSMesa-devel
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
updates-i386                                                         [1/7]
macromedia                                                           [2/7]
livna                                                                [3/7]
base-i386                                                            [4/7]
core                                                                 [5/7]
updates                                                              [6/7]
extras                                                               [7/7]
No Matches found