Re: default squeeze as option?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: default squeeze as option?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:00:20 -0500

On 15-Dec-2006, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

| On 15/12/06, Przemek Klosowski <address@hidden> wrote:
| > Unfortunately that is how the other leading brand treats
| > multidimensional slices, so we are probably stuck here.
|
| Isn't that exactly why we are free to change the implementation with
| an option variable or function? Provide both compatibility and
| sensibility?

You don't want to do that because then code that works for you, with
your setting of the magic variable, fails to work for others who don't
use the same settings as you.  For this reason, all the
variables/functions that affect Octave's behavior in ways similar to
what you suggest have been removed.

jwe