Re: plotting questions

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: plotting questions
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:26:24 -0800

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 11-Dec-2006, Ron Crummett wrote:

| I have noticed some abnormal plotting behavior in Octave 2.9.6.

Plotting is somewhat broken in 2.9.x.  See also
https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2006-December/001435.html

jwe

Well, if it's sort of broken now for the betterment of a future release, then I can support that.

I have noticed that you can still get your plots to do what you want - for the most part - but you just have to specify commands differently. I usually do something like

x = 1:100;
figure(1);
plot(x, x.^2);
grid on
title('Title here');
xlabel('x-axis label');
ylabel('y-axis label');

and get nothing beyond the plot.  However, if I do

figure(1);
grid on
title('Title here');
xlabel('x-axis label');
ylabel('y-axis label');
plot(x, x.^2);

everything works okay. I guess this is like the Yoda style of issuing plot commands.

-Ron