up-to-date list of Octave commands?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: up-to-date list of Octave commands?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:01:24 -0500

On 13-Nov-2006, Dushan Mitrovich wrote:

| To help me learn how to use Octave I'm reading 'octave_manual.pdf', dated
| Feb.1997, and found, unsurprisingly, that a lot of the command spelling
| and syntax has changed.  How does one find an up-to-date list of these,
| if it even exists?

If you want an complete list, then install a current version of Octave
and type "help".  Unfortunately, not all the doc strings are up to
date either.  Sorry.  But hey, this is a community project and some
people find writing code more fun and/or more useful for their needs
than writing documentation.  Of course, since this is a community
project, you can help fix the things you find lacking.  Get involved.
Patches are welcome.  Good quality patches are seldom refused.

jwe