Re: sscanf in Octave.

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: sscanf in Octave.
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:24:36 -0500

JohnDaVinci wrote:
I'm trying to port a MATLAB script to an Octave script.  Supposedly this is
an easy process, but I'm getting an error on one line of the MATLAB script. The function also exists in Octave, but it does not work for whatever
reason.

Here is the line:

[data, count] = sscanf(cheese, '%3s_%d_%d-%d-%d', Inf)

The error I get is "wrong type argument: file".

How can augment this line to make it work, and what am I currently doing
wrong?

You need to tell us which version of octave you're using, and what is in the variable "cheese". I tried this on 2.9.9 with just some random string data and it seemed to work.

Quentin