Re: how to swith the ploting function?

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: how to swith the ploting function?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:44:37 -0500

frank wang wrote:
Hi, All,
Thansk for the great work that makes porting my matlab code to octave much easier. I have one question here. The octave I have yummed from Fedora using gplt for plot engine instead of gnuplot. I do not know which one is better, can anyone tell me which one is better? How do I swithc to gnuplot if I want?

What is gplt? Where are you downloading it? I don't see anything called gplt in any of the official Fedora repositories. If gplt is overriding gnuplot as the default plotting engine, the easiest way I can think of to switch to gnuplot is to uninstall gplt, since gnuplot should already be installed (it's a required dependency for the Fedora octave package).

Quentin