Re: Help with Octave

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Help with Octave
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:05:14 -0700

Since you said notepad, I'm assuming some form of Microsoft
products, great editor, easy to use has numbered lines if
you wish, indents, colors is Sc1.exe at

http://www.scintilla.org

it's small, free, and doesn't "insinuate" itself troughout
your OS.  I use it for C++, too

regarding "vectorizing", I've been using octave for several
years and *still* think in terms of for loops.  So, just do
the vectorization on a case by case basis.

Remember that "for loops" work, they're just slow.  So make
sure your code does what you want and then start
converting, best way to learn.  [I think]

      - Robert -