Re: Zooms

From: Lars Friedrich
Subject: Re: Zooms
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:47:20 +0200

Hello,

> I'm an Octave newbie and one thing I miss from Matlab is the ability to
> zoom on figures (this at least does not seem to be possible when using
> Gnuplot).

I am also a octave-newbie and I miss the same feature. I think that
gnuplot is able to do interactive zooming. If I do the following, I have
interactive zooming using the right mouse button:

~$ gnuplot
gnuplot> a=0.25
gnuplot> f(x)=sin(x)*a
gnuplot> plot f(x)

But with something similar in octave, I have a Gnuplot-Window, but no
interactive zooming:

~$ octave
octave:1> x=1:10;
octave:2> plot(x)

I have the feeling that the interface between octave and gnuplot has to
be configured in the right way, but I have no idea how to do this. Any
suggestions?

Thank you for every comment

Lars Friedrich

--