Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:06:45 -0500

Daniel,

Do you have gnuplot installed?

On Jun 22, 2006, at 4:11 PM, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to build an octave version against the native gcc4.0.1 on
Mac Os 10.4 Tiger. I had some trouble configuring 2.1 so I tried 2.9,
and it compiled fine (after I removed g77 and it used my gfortran
4.2.0 instead, substituting -lreadline in configure with /usr/local/
libreadline.dylib to circumvent BSDs malicious libreadline and
changing <readline/readline.h> to <readline.h> in the include at one
point so octave could acess the internal readline functions).

Running I find that I can't use plot (__gnuplot_plot__ undefined).
Further investigation leads me to beleive that simply no functions
that are contained within an .oct-file but don't carry the same name
as this can be called. For example min and max are also defined
(seemingly defined inside minmax.oct). I could not find any docs on
how those functions are resolved.

Any Ideas? I have heard before that octave 2.9 was compiled on Tiger
before rather cleanly (except for the same readline troubles), anyone
who has done this any tips?

Daniel

Marius

--

Marius Schamschula                               Webmaster

        The Huntsville Macintosh Users Group

                    www.hmug.org

webmaster at hmug dot org    marius at schamschula dot com