emacs mode?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: emacs mode?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:47:52 -0400

On 15-Jun-2006, Ronald Crummett wrote:

| I have heard that there is an emacs mode available for Octave.  (Correct
| me if I'm wrong, but what I'd like is for different colors of text for
| comments, strings, etc., like in the Matlab editor).  I have tried
| looking for this but have not been able to find anything more on it
| aside from its existence.  Therefore I have two questions:
|
| -How do I get it?

If you are using GNU Emacs 21, you already have it.

The .el files are also distributed with the Octave sources.  If you
just want the latest version of the individual files, download them
from the Octave CVS web interface.

| -How do I set up my .emacs file to use it?

There is an entire chapter in the Octave manual on using Octave and
Emacs together:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Emacs.html#Emacs

jwe