Re: octaverc

From: Vim Visual
Subject: Re: octaverc
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:45:37 +0200

thanks! this worked out well!

And don't understand me wrong. I thank you and David! I just answered
"nope" because I was in a hurry... I'm not that rude

As I said I'm a 100% newbie to octave. I've printed out some pages of
the manual but would be veeery thankful if you quickly told me how to
read say about 2000 files with hash comments in the headers, each
having 8 columns or so and about 130000 lines, so that, for instance,
say I can multiply all first columns by all 3rd columns or "grep out"
the X line of all of them and make operations with it

I've been doing this kind of things with zsh scripts but today
somebody told I'd better start with octave, and it looks promising...
the only problem is that I have to speed up a lot and get soon results

Could you please give me such a sort octave script example?

thanks (even if you don't!)

Well, David did say "something like".

I think you want something that is more like

  source ("~/fitx_confg/octave/octaverc");

jwe