Re: Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Usenet newsgroup for Octave proposed
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:26:53 -0700

I concur.

Octave group is exactly the right balance between formality
and informality.  Especially handy is direct access to any
individual posting.  The netiquette is very good.  And
people feel free to ask "newbie" questions without fear.

Usenet is perfect for truly HIGH volume, "generic" mail
subjects.  Usenet downside is the horrific increase in spam
one gets even with their munged addresses, somehow the
spammers find you.

It is a fine accolade that octave is coming of age to the
extent that people consider moving octave group to Usenet.

However, ...
PLEASE keep octave group the octave group.

                 - Robert -