Re: GNUplot

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: GNUplot
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:58:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Abby Anderson  wrote:

> I am using octave on Windows with Cygwin. When trying to plot, get the
> error message
>
> gnuplot: unable to open display ':0.0'
> gnuplot: X11 aborted
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Abby Anderson

Every cygwin package has some cygwin-specific documentation in the
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin directory. From
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/octave-2.1.73.README:
[...]
 2) Unless gnuplot is installed and X is started, calls to plotting functions
     will fail silently.  See
     http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html#using-starting
     for more information.  The default cygwin "startxwin.sh" command
     starts X in multiwindow mode, which is recommended for use with
     octave and gnuplot.  You may want to edit the file to comment out
     the xterm invocation.

James R. Phillips
cygwin octave maintainer