Command history is no longer functioning....

From: Bernard Siow
Subject: Command history is no longer functioning....
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:43:25 +0100

Hello,

I'm running octave on FC4 and recently my command history has stopped
functioning. When I try to recall a command all I get are old commands.
I've try changing history_size at the octave prompt but recent commands
are not recalled. I've also tried renaming the history file; octave
creates a new history_file but does not populate it. I've checked that
saving_history = 1. I have also run emacs in octave mode... I don't know
if this makes a difference; but just to make sure I ran octave -i, which
made no difference.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Bernie