contour and contourf

From: Alexandre Ribeiro
Subject: contour and contourf
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:34:43 -0500

hi!

I whould like to use octave to make a contour plot. When I use x,y and z with the same size an error occurs. I want to make a contourf (contour filled) plot in color, is it possible?

Tanks

Alexandre

octave:38> size(x),size(y),size(z)
ans =

 1891     1

ans =

 1891     1

ans =

 1891     1

octave:39> contour(x,y,z)
error: contour: columns(z) must be the same as length(x) and
rows(z) must be the same as length(y),
or x, y, and z must be matrices with the same size
error: evaluating if command near line 79, column 2
error: evaluating if command near line 76, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 72, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 39, column 3
error: called from `contour' in file `/usr/share/octave/2.1.72/m/plot/contour.m'