Re: Is there a way to run octave offline?

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Is there a way to run octave offline?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:00:14 +0200

I think you might try writing the octave results to a file in a format you can read. than read it from your app.

have a look at the help for the following octave commands:

save
fprintf
fwrite

Shai

Mohamed El Dawy wrote:
Hi,
I am pretty new to octave. I was wondering, is there a way to run octave totally offline. I need to invoke it from within my program, and grab the results Octave will print to process in my program. I see that running "octave filename", processes the commands in that file, but how can I get the output file? Does octave print to stdout? Thank you very much for all the help.

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman3/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com> PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.